For this Assignment you will need to venture out, take a look at your surroundings and document your ideas of Good & Bad design. Please keep in mind, design is EVERYWHERE.
You will be photo documenting (3) Good Examples and (3) Bad Examples for the following categories:
1. Residential Exterior Architecture
2. Commercial Exterior Architecture
3. Interior Retail Design
4. Household Product
No you may be asking, well how do I know if it good or bad, vs. I like it or I don’t like it? And THAT is EXACTLY what we are trying to get to. Good Design is based on several principles, and although your personal taste is one aspect, it is not how we, as designers, make that call.
You will use your new knowledge of the elements and principles of design as a guide. In addition, think about what the intention behind the design was, and was that successful?
Think about the following:
Does form follow function, or does function follow design?
Step One: You will take the necessary* photos of your examples, photos that highlight what characteristics you are documenting. Make sure to compose the photos, keep straight lines straight, no blurry photos etc.
Step Two: Put images into a PowerPoint slide show and add your commentary (text) on what the examples are and why you have determined if they are good or bad. Remember to think about the elements and principles as well as form and function.
And that is exactly what we are trying to get to.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.