The purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
1. Create and modify tables.
2. Create and manage reference lists.
3. Insert illustrations and text boxes.
4. Create and modify charts.
5. Modify graphic elements.
6. Create and modify reference elements.
For this assignment, you will be formatting a document to include a table, a chart and an image. You will also conduct additional research and cite your sources and include a reference list.
1. Download the Report.docx file that is attached to this assignment and save it as: LastName_Newsletter.docx. replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: Henry_Newsletter). It is a good idea to save your work periodically.
2. Formatting Requirements
a. Insert a Title Page and include the following: Your name, Project name, and Instructor’s name.
b. Document must use 1-inch margins, 12-point professional font, double-space, automatic page numbering, Reference page.
a. Convert the text after “The top ten are listed in the table below” and before “The Retail Industry” heading into a table. Separate text at Tabs.
b. Sort the table in ascending order by retailers.
c. Apply any table style.
a. Insert any image with a shopping cart and insert the image into the document at the beginning of the first paragraph (It starts with “Retailing is important to understand”).
b. Apply a square text wrap and move the image so it is aligned with the right side of the document.
c. Appropriately resize the image.
a. Locate the phrase “You can view the number of jobs and retail presence in your state at the National Retail Federation (NRF)” in your document. Add a hyperlink to “that leads to this website: https://nrf.com/retails-impact.
a. On the “National Retail Federation (NRF)” website, review the “Retail Impact” for the state in which you reside (if residing outside of the US, choose a state of your liking).
b. Create and insert a chart that depicts the “Direct Employment and GDP Value by major industry” for your state for the following employment:
i. Retail trade (including food services and drinking places).
ii. Arts, entertainment, and recreation.
iv. Educational services.
v. Healthcare and social assistance.
vi. Finance and insurance.
c. Place the chart after the last paragraph and apply a chart type and style of your choice.
7. Additional Research
Conduct additional research on the “Importance of the retail industry” and include at least two paragraphs (not less than four fully constructed sentences each) with your results.
Place these paragraphs after your chart. The title for this section should be: “Additional Research”.
Include at least two professional/scholarly sources for your research using APA citations format citing the sources in-text and creating a Reference list at the end. Note: The Reference list must be on a separate page.
NOTE 1: Please do not use unprofessional sources such as Wikipedia, About.com, Answers.com, Dictionary.com, How.com, or anything remotely similar. Examples of scholarly sources include textbooks, articles, academic journals, and conference proceedings. Scholarly resources are written by experts in their fields, grounded in research, and often refereed (reviewed and edited by researchers in the field). Examples of professional sources include: trade journals or magazines. Professional sources are written for a specific audience that works in certain field. They are not research-based. You can also use our course content (e.g. Read & Watch resources) as a source as well. UMGC has a top-notch, extensive online library. You can find many scholarly and professional sources there.
Please submit the following to your Assignments Folder:
1. The completed Word Newsletter.docx file.
2. Submit a Project Reflection (see below).
Answer the following questions when you submit your assignments files.
1. Were there any challenges encountered while completing this assignment? If so, what were the challenges and how did you overcome them?
2. How closely did you follow the parameters of the assignment?
3. What new information did you learn from completing this assignment?
Please submit your Project Reflection as a Microsoft Word document or just copy and paste your answers in your Assignments Folder’s text box when you submit your assignment along with the rest of the required project files.
Document must use 1-inch margins, 12-point professional font, double-space, automatic page numbering, reference page.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.